Forrest attended the University of North Carolina (B.S. 1968) and Rutgers Law School (J.D. 1971). Forrest practiced in New Jersey for over 20 years, both in private practice and later as Vice-President and General Counsel of Lincoln Federal Savings. Forrest’s discovery of Idaho while on vacation prompted an immediate move to Idaho to practice law while pursuing his favorite pastimes of fly fishing and bird hunting.
In 1992, he was admitted to the Idaho Bar and joined Penland Munther Goodrum, Chtd. (later, Munther Goodrum Sperry, Chtd.). Forrest has extensive experience in Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Collections, Banking & Finance, Real Estate & Project Development, Construction Law, Bankruptcy (Creditors), Estate Planning and Probate, and Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- 1970-1972: Hannoch, Weisman, Stern & Besser, Roseland, New Jersey, with emphasis in civil litigation and business law.
- 1972-1981: Hillas & Goodrum, Morristown, New Jersey, with emphasis in civil litigation, real estate, development and construction, business law and estate planning.
- 1981-1988: Lincoln Federal Savings and Loan Association, Westfield, New Jersey, Vice President and General Counsel.
- 1988-1991: Leonard & Butler, P.A., Morristown, New Jersey, with emphasis in civil litigation, banking, business, and construction law.
- 1992: State of Idaho, Department of Law Enforcement, Assistant Counsel.
- 1992 through 2012: Munther Goodrum Sperry, Chartered and its predecessors, with emphasis in business, construction, banking, real estate, and civil litigation.
- 1992 through present: Ada County Fish and Game League, Inc., past President and current Legislative Director.
- 2016 through present: Sperry Law Office, PLLC, Boise, Idaho, advising and assisting the firm in a wide range of matters from commercial transactions to complex business litigation, of counsel.